Navigation Bar

Home       Me       Projects       Bette's Tips

Monday, May 16, 2011

Lipstick as a woodworking tool?

How I saved the wall from being scratched! Let's go step by step....

Remember the finished project? "The Inspiration Board" in my craft room


I USE IT!!
I'm not the most organized person in the world, so this is a step in the right direction.

Look at that.....yeah, sticking out the back----ya think that would mark up the walls?


But look at those screw heads! They added SO much to the front....they had to stay. Grinding them off was an option, but they would still scratch the walls. Hmmm, what to do....cover them? SURE! I cut little blocks of left over pressed wood from my IKEA toe kicks.  But how to get those screws into the block????

For those of you who do DIY , you know this little secret for marking things....like putting an outlet in a cabinet!

LIPSTICK
and since I'm not in a lipstick wearing stage, I had one tube of it.


smear it on those babies and see what you get....a perfect place to put your drill bit.

the screws and the wood kissed and left their mark!



The perfect mark for my drill bit.


check to see if they fit


add some wood glue, press , weight it down, and repeat 6 times....Perfect!



the screws held the hinges on--the hinges couldn't stay :(
.....but I did save one and remount it to the front....





Isn't it perfect? I know Donna, Funky Junk Interiors will drool on it....that makes me smile!


Inspiration....RIGHT.IN.FRONT.OF. ME. Just what I needed!

Linking up to Donna's hardware party....has she been to my house????




Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special


I'm doing my homework for Donna's workshop.....Let's Build a Tote! I's got me some inspiration and some wood....join us!




Funky Junk's Workshop Series
 








Hugs from Iowa,
Michelle


The Lettered Cottage

DIY Club

1 comment:

I love to talk. Talk to me.